Birthday Gifts

For my birthday, my parents came down for the weekend. I had no real good ideas what I wanted for my birthday, which is lucky since I received the gift of time. And I don’t mean a watch.

Alex doesn't wear clothes, even for HoppaThis tree obviously bloomed just for me

What in the hell is so funny to these two?

The boys (aka David) got me this gorgeous ring engraved with their names

This tree bloomed just for me, obviously.

Of course, I had to buy my own Lofthouse Cookies since none of the yokels I live with follow me on Instagram.

Seriously, this was not a subtle hint

Link up your phone pictures to join in iPPP

19 Responses to Birthday Gifts
  1. Alison@Mama Wants This
    March 21, 2012 | 5:56 am

Time is the greatest gift of all. Glad you had a wonderful birthday.

The gorgeous ring doesn’t hurt either! :)

2. Kiran (Masala Chica)
    March 21, 2012 | 5:57 am

What a great gift (minus the cookies). I love the pictures and I am glad that your youngest obviously has the makings of a great comedian.

The ring is beautiful. Its moments like these – the laughter, the quiet cuddling and just the restful moments between people who have known each other a lifetime that make all of this – all of this that we do in living each day – SO worth it.

Happy Belated Birthday!
    Kiran

3. Kristin
    March 21, 2012 | 6:29 am

Lovely presents from your yokels. Our cherry tree produces fruit for Clarabel’s birthday, she’s sure that’s for her.

4. Jessica Watson
    March 21, 2012 | 6:38 am

And once again my photo is not from my phone, shoot.
    Anyway, nothing better than a visit from grandparents. And jewelry.

5. Katie E
    March 21, 2012 | 7:24 am

Happy belated birthday! I love some Lofthouse cookies, too. I could eat them all.

6. liz
    March 21, 2012 | 7:28 am

You know I would have bought them for you, right?

7. Natalie
    March 21, 2012 | 8:16 am

That picture of your mom is perfect.. I love it!

8. Making It Work Mom
    March 21, 2012 | 8:42 am

Love the ring. So perfect.

And the pictures with grandparents are priceless. Once I had children I kind of found myself falling in love with my parents all over again. Very special.

9. Amanda Austin
    March 21, 2012 | 9:18 am

I love the pic of Alex in his diaper…something about diaper kids that is just so cute and innocent.

10. Stasha
    March 21, 2012 | 9:44 am

Love the ring and the cookies and happiness galore. Lad to see my kid is not the only one always looking for something up his nose ;)

11. Kristen
    March 21, 2012 | 9:44 am

Your mom and Evan are making me laugh because they are laughing so hard! That is a great photo.
    Also, the ring from the men in your life…beautiful and oh so thoughtful! Wear it proudly!!

12. Mrs. Jen B
    March 21, 2012 | 11:44 am

What a pretty ring! So sweet. Speaking of sweet, check out those cookies.

13. Elaine
    March 21, 2012 | 12:31 pm

Happy belated Birthday! Looks like you had a really good one. xo

14. Suniverse
    March 21, 2012 | 12:35 pm

Happy belated birthday!

I’m glad you got your cookies, even if you had to get them yourself.

15. Allyson
    March 21, 2012 | 4:39 pm

I am so glad I’m not the only one with a Lofthouse cookie addiction. Neal only rolls his eyes because he thinks I should be eating something healthier…like oatmeal raisin cookies..or better yet…a banana. But man they are like little crack wafers to me.

Your ring is so beautiful and your pictures are precious! Happy Birthday to YOU, darling!!!

16. kathykate
    March 21, 2012 | 5:50 pm

There’s this beautiful book, Gift of Nothing by Patrick McDonnell which this beautiful post reminds me of. LOVE LOVE LOVE the laughing photo! So real and raw!!!

17. Jamie
    March 21, 2012 | 6:18 pm

Our house loves those cookies too. I think we got the St. Patty’s ones as well. And your baby is getting so big. How time flies.

18. Annabelle
    March 21, 2012 | 8:43 pm

So beautiful. The moments, the ring, the nature and sure, the cookies.

Glad you had it all. Much love.

19. John
    March 22, 2012 | 11:20 am

Happy Birthday, if a day or two late . . . and it’s very sad that you had to buy yourself your own cookies. I’ll work on the Twitter Food Delivery Service (TFDS) to prevent future calamities.